TERM 1 HAS FLOWN – your children have been very busy developing and maintaining respectful relationships with each other and all the ‘teachers’. They have been learning how to communicate their needs and feelings appropriately. We have also had a very successful evacuation practice. Animal families have been grazing on the pretend grass donated by Nash’s family. The seeds sprouting in the vegetable garden which was refurbished by Magestah’s mum, Mrs NG and the children has also created lots of interest. Delicious concoctions have been emerging from the mud cooking and the new John Deer trucks have encouraged lots of turn taking with the ‘truckers’.
WE APOLOGISE about the length of time it is taking to speak to everyone about your child’s learning. If you have already received an invitation and haven’t had an opportunity to have a discussion about your child’s learning and take home their portfolio for a closer inspection please speak to a staff member. ALL FAMILIES WILL HAVE RECEIVED AN INVITATION BY EARLY NEXT TERM.
LOOKING AROUND THE KINDERGARTEN
– the curriculum board in the kitchen is filling up with photos of what learning experiences your children have been engaged in.
- the large display board above the block cupboard shows how we have been learning about feelings and how to express them.
- the display board behind the lego table is an example of the children’s art work.
- the display board in the Library graphs what vegetables your children like to eat.
- the Early Years display board in Woolies is a general display about some of the learning which happens while we play at Kindergarten.
THANK YOU to everyone who attended the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING on 17/03/15. The guest speakers from the Port Lincoln Junior Primary School were very informative about their teaching practices. I’m sure our new Chairperson Emma Fuss will inform you of our Governing Councils membership in her next newsletter. Thank you to all who attended and to those elected to positions on Council. Next Governing Council meeting is on Tuesday 31/03/15 at 7.30pm and you don’t have to be an elected member to attend. ALL PARENTS AND CAREGIVERS ARE WELCOME.
WITH THE END OF TERM APPROACHING fast we need some helpers to scrub, sort and tidy ready for us to start Term 2 sparkling clean. If you can help between now and Friday 10/04/15 which is the last day of Term 1, there is a list at the front door with jobs to put your name to or speak to a staff member. For someone who doesn’t mind getting dirty our back drains and gutters need a clean and also the leaves behind the back shed need to be swept up.
Term 1 finishes on Friday 10th April and Term 2 begins on Monday 27th April.
Margaret, Ly, Cherie, Lisa and Sharon