TERM 1 HAS FLOWN – your children have been very busy developing and maintaining relationships with each other and all the ‘teachers’. They have been learning to communicate their needs and feelings appropriately. We have also had a very successful evacuation practice. New dinosaurs have been roaming in the sandpit and Emma from Port Lincoln Vets visited and taught us how to be safe around dogs. Lots of stories have been shared and songs have been sung. The vegetable garden is sprouting under the children’s care and the lawn is still green and growing.
We apologise for the length of time it is taking to speak to everyone about their child’s learning. If you have already received an invitation and haven’t had the opportunity to have a discussion about your child’s learning and take home their portfolio for a closer inspection please speak to a staff member. ALL FAMILIES WILL HAVE RECEIVED AN INVITATION BY THE END OF THE TERM.
LOOKING AROUND THE KINDERGARTEN –
- The curriculum board in the kitchen is filling up with photos of what learning experiences your child has been engaged in
- The display boards near the art area shows how we have been learning about feelings and how to express them
- The display board in the library introduces your child to text and initial sounds
- The large display board by the piano shows you how we used your knowledge of your child’s interests to establish the learning environment
- The large display board above the block cupboard is still waiting for some of your ‘My Family Page’.
- The orange dot on some of your children’s photos on their note pocket means you are a member of the 2018 Governing Council
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING on 06/03/18. The guest speaker Bhavini Carpenter, a DECD Speech Pathologist, was very informative about developing children’s speech and language. If you were unable to attend and would like some information about children’s speech development please speak to a staff member. Next Governing Council meeting is Tuesday 10/04/18 at 7.30pm. ALL PARENTS AND CAREGIVERS ARE WELCOME. If you are unable to be involved with the governing council you may like to –
- Stay and play with your child
- Read a story or help to complete puzzles
- Water the garden
- Take a bag of washing home or a bag of collage to prepare
JUST A REMINDER – due to children with severe allergies Bishop Kindergarten is an egg and nut free site. If you must send yoghurt or custard please send in a squeeze tube, thank you.
FEES ARE NOW DUE – thank you to those families who have already paid. At least $65 should have been paid by the end of Term 1.
WITH THE END OF TERM APPROACHING FAST we need some helpers to scrub, sort and tidy ready for us to start Term 2 sparkling clean. A LIST OF CHORES WILL BE UP NEAR THE FRONT DOOR AFTER EASTER for volunteers to choose their jobs. We will be looking for a volunteer with a pressure cleaner to clean our chairs.
Term 1 finishes on Friday 13/04/18
Term 2 starts on Monday 30/04/18
Margaret, Ly, Kathy, Lisa and Sue