WELCOME TO 2018 AT BISHOP KINDERGARTEN.
- Margaret Henson – Director – M, T, W, Th, F
- Ly Nguyen-Gabb – Teacher – M, T, W, Th, F
- Kathy North – Teacher – W & F
- Lisa Dutschke – Early Childhood Worker (ECW) M, T, W & Support Worker
- Sue Konitzka – ECW – W (fortnightly), Th, F
JUST SOME REMINDERS
- Don’t forget to sign your child in and out each day (the roll is on the bench at the front door)
- Please send a
– broad-brimmed sunhat every day
– filled water bottle
– snack box with 2 or 3 small snacks
– lunch box with 2 or 3 lunch foods including a sandwich or similar, a piece of fruit and an ICE BRICK
– complete change of clothes (your child may get from water play)
– sunscreen, for those who are not going to use the supplied sunscreen
- Please dress your child in play friendly clothing with shoulders covered and shoes suitable for running and climbing
- Make sure your child can identify their own bag from others which are the same
- We will be sending home all food scraps and wrappers this term so that you can monitor your child’s eating and can make adjustments accordingly. (The staff will remind the children to have a morning snack and will sit with the children at lunch time, monitoring each child’s eating and drinking.)
WE ENCOURAGE THE CHILDREN TO DEVELOP INDEPENDENCE. You can support this by making sure that your child can
- Open and close all container using their fingers not their teeth
- Get their lunch box in and out of their bag
- Know what food you have packed for their snack and what food is packed for lunch
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE WRITTEN YOUR CHILD’S NAME ON EVERYTHING – lunch box, bag, jocks, socks, water bottle etc.
FEE INVOICES WILL BE IN YOUR CHILD’S POCKET SOON. Fees are $65.00 per term = $260.00 per year. (This amount will be adjusted accordingly if you have only booked your child for 2 full days and not 2 ½ days.) IF POSSIBLE we request that you pay the $260.00 in full in Term 1.
OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS WE WILL INTRODUCE YOU TO
- Literacy Kit borrowing
- Parent Library
- What happens if your child needs to have their clothes changed
- What happens if your child has hurt themselves at kindy
- Attending Governing Council meetings
- How we develop an Individual Learning Plan for your child
- Our Curriculum – Belonging, Being and Becoming
If we haven’t approached you with this information please don’t hesitate to approach us.
OUR ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING is in March (the date will be advised at a closer time) and we will be seeking new members for our Governing Council. The Governing Council’s role is to support the growth and maintenance of your child’s kindergarten and the 10 meetings each year are interesting and friendly. Please think about joining.
DON’T FORGET YOU KNOW YOUR CHILD BEST and we want to work with you to provide the best play-based learning so that every child has
- Opportunities to learn as they discover, create, improvise, test theories and imagine
- Can express their personality and uniqueness
- Can develop positive learning dispositions, such as curiosity and creativity
- Can make connections between prior experiences and new learning
- Assistance to develop relationships and concepts
- Support to have a sense of well-being and values diversity
DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE INFORMATION, INTERESTS, OR CONCERNS ETC WITH US.
THANK YOU TO THOSE FAMILIES WHO HAVE COMPLETED THE ‘PORTFOLIO OF MY CHILD’, this information helps us to set up the environment so that learning is not only interesting but also meaningful and relevant to your children.
LET’S HAVE A GREAT YEAR OF LEARNING AND FUN.
Margaret, Ly, Kathy, Lisa and Sue