WELCOME TO 2016 AT BISHOP KINDERGARTEN
STAFF ARE: Margaret Henson – Director – M, T, W, Th & F
Ly Nguyen-Gabb – Teacher – T, W, Th & F
Sarah Wohling – Teacher – M, W & F
Lisa Dutschke – Early Childhood Worker (ECW) – M, T, W (fortnightly) & Th (fortnightly)
Sharon White – ECW – W (fortnightly), Th & F
Jodie Puckridge – Support Worker – M & Th (fortnightly)
JUST SOME REMINDERS
- Don’t forget to sign your child in and out each day
- Please send a
- Broad brimmed sunhat everyday
- Filled water bottle
- Snack box with 2 or 3 small snacks
- Lunch box with 2 or 3 lunch foods including fruit and an ice brick
- A change of clothes
- Please dress your child in play friendly clothing with shoulders covered and shoes suitable for running and climbing
- Make sure your child can identify their own bag from others which are the same
- We send home all food scraps and wrappers so that you can monitor your child’s eating and can adjust accordingly
WE ENCOURAGE YOUR CHILD TO DEVELOP INDEPENDENCE. You can support this by making sure that your child can
- Open and close all containers using their fingers and not their teeth
- Get their lunch box in and out of their bag
- Know what food is for a snack and what is for lunch
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE WRITTEN YOUR CHILD’S NAME ON EVERYTHING.
FEE INVOICES WILL BE IN YOUR CHILD’S POCKET SOON. Fees are $60.00/term = $240.00/year.
If possible we request that you pay the $240.00 fee in full in Term 1.
OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS WE WILL INTRODUCE YOU TO
- Literacy Kit borrowing
- Parent Library
- What happens if your child needs to have their clothes changed
- What happens if your child has hurt themself at kindy
- Attending Governing Council Meetings
- How we develop an Individual Learning Plan for your child
- Our curriculum – ‘Belonging, Being and Becoming’
If we haven’t approached you please don’t hesitate to approach us.
OUR ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING is coming up in March and we will be seeking new members for our Governing Council. The Governing Council’s role is to support the growth and maintenance of your child’s kindergarten and the 10 meetings per year are informative and friendly. Think about joining.
Let’s have a good year of learning and fun.
Margaret, Ly, Sarah, Lisa, Sharon and Jodie