Newsletter 9 Term 4 Week 7 30/11/2016
TERM 4 IS NEARLY OVER – which also means your children have nearly completed their ‘kindergarten year’. Time flies, especially when you are having fun!
2016 has been a busy year because
- We were assessed by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority and achieved EXCEEDING.
- All children were assessed for the phonological awareness in Term 1 and all children showed improvement in Term 4 when they were assessed again.
- You and your children came in contact with 7 different educators, 2 university students and 2 volunteers.
- We have sung lots of songs. Some of our favourites are ‘I’m Bringing Home A Baby Bumble Bee’, ‘I Had A Silly Chicken’, ‘Wags The Dog’, ‘Bob The Builder’ and ‘Miss Polly Had A Dolly’.
- We have read, told and listened to lots of stories. Some of our favourites are ‘The Ugliest Dog In The World’, ‘Fergus Makes A Difference’ and ‘The Perfect Pet’.
- We have played lots of games. Some of our favourite mat time games are ‘Doggy, Doggy Whose Got The Bone’, ‘Musical Chairs’, ‘Five Monkeys Jumping On The Bed’, ‘5 Little Speckled Frogs Sitting On A Speckled Log’.
- We have practiced our evacuation/invacuation each term and learnt to quickly move to the safest place in the kindergarten for each pretend emergency.
- We have played basketball, cricket, skittles, golf, football and soccer and the balls usually end up on the roof.
- We have learnt to work collaboratively with each other, turn take when talking, and pretend to be a dog, cat, Grandma, Dad, Mum, big sister, a performer in a theatre, a chef in a café, a builder using a variety of construction sets, a doctor, a police officer, a fire officer, a vet, a nurse and super heroes.
- We have learnt about letter, their sounds, words, titles of books, authors, illustrators and rhyming words and blue does rhyme with p- – and Mum does rhyme with b- -.
- The Observation Tank and science table have encouraged children to observe, notice and discuss with each other what they see.
- We have counted, sorted and measured everything.
ALL THIS AND MORE IS CAPTURED IN YOUR CHILDREN’S PORTFOLIOS.
AS THE END OF YEAR APPROACHES THERE ARE A FEW FAMILY COMMITMENTS –
- Family Teas – in Week 8 (next week Monday to Thursday). Please bring a plate of food ready to share. FINGER FOODS ARE BEST. During the evening the staff will present your child with their finished portfolio.
- END OF TERM CLEAN UP – any time in Week 8 and 9 – there is a list of chores at the front door and we always appreciate your help.
- LITERACY KITS – need to be returned by the end of Week 8.
- CHILDREN CHOOSE THEIR FAVOURITE SONG, STORY OR GAME at mat time in Weeks 8 and 9.
- WE SING GOODBYE TO ALL CHILDREN ON THEIR LAST DAY – please let us know if you plan to go on holidays early.
PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR PAINTINGS IN OUR COMMUNITY AT THE FOLLOWING PLACES –
- DECD Education Office – Jordan, Nina and Balin
- Post Office – Lacey
- Mitre 10 – Neve
- Lincoln Camera Centre – Fergus
- Liverpool Street Newagency – Bryson
- Lincoln Copier Service – Isaac
- Toybox – Flynn
- Kiddy Winks – Zavahna
- St Joseph’s School – Lenny
- Navigator’s College – Kiara
- Junior Primary School – McKenzie
- Maurine Hopping – Dance Teacher – Kylan
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO KEPT BISHOP KINDERGARTEN RUNNING SMOOTHLY – especially the wonderful Governing Council.
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING YOUR HAPPY, ENERGETIC, CREATIVE, IMAGINATIVE, INQUISTIVE, PERSISTANT AND ENTHUSIASTIC CHILDREN TO BISHOP KINDERGARTEN.
THE LAST DAY OF THIS TERM IS FRIDAY 16 DECEMBER 2016.
HAVE A WONDERFUL SUMMER HOLIDAYS and keep enjoying being part of your child’s learning journey.
Margaret, Ly, Kirsty, Lisa, Sharon and Cherine